Site news

Site issues

Site issues

by Thomas Pyzdek -
Number of replies: 20

Several students are reporting problems when trying to view the video lessons. Apparently the problem started overnight. MoodleRooms recently installed a major update and they have been installing maintenance releases steadily ever since. I suspect that one of these is the cause of the problem. We've opened a tech support ticket and will keep you posted via this forum on the status of this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In reply to Thomas Pyzdek

Re: Site issues

by Shawn Jeffries -

I am still having the same issue trying to run the video lessons.  Don't recall an update on my system, but possible.  Please advise if this is an issue on my end.

Thanks!

s

Error message as follows:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 12:40:17 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1409
Code: 0
URI: https://pyzdek.mrooms.net/lib/javascript.php/1407432488/mod/scorm/view.js

by Jay Hinton -

Good morning.  My computer is not able to run the video lessons either, so hopefully tech support is still working on this problem.  I don't receive an error message as Shawn does, but I do see a blank screen.  Thank you.

In reply to Jay Hinton

by Shawn Jeffries -

Hi Jay,

You may have to dig a little for the error message (if you want it).  My screen comes up, also blank, but at the bottome left side there is a message along the lines of Completed Loading but the Error On the Page.  Double clicking the error icon displays the error detail.

best

In reply to Jay Hinton

by Anthony S. Turgman -

Looks like the same issue from before is back. But it was working for a brief moment yesterday.

by Thomas Pyzdek -

As of 10:45AM Pacific time the issue should be fixed. Give it a few minutes to be sure it takes effect and post here if  you're still having the problem.

by Anthony S. Turgman -

I can't access the lessons again. This is getting frustrating. Anyone else having the same issue? I was able to view them again yesterday, but not today.

In reply to Anthony S. Turgman

by Thomas Pyzdek -

I understand your frustration and apologize. I've updated the support ticket with your new information. Apparently after we applied the work-around suggested by tech support something else happened. The work-around is still in place, but I confirmed your problem is occurring.

by Pascal Huber -

Hi Anthony.

I have the same the issue. I don't even know what the the videos look like because I registered yesterday! What a bad start. I was pumped, got all my office ready to learn this weekend...and stuck! I worked in IT for years and can't understand why it takes so much time to be fixed?!

In reply to Pascal Huber

by Thomas Pyzdek -

We will of course provide a complementary enrollment extension for anyone to compensate for the down time.

by Jay Hinton -

Good afternoon.  I just tried to access a video module and was successful.  I hope you can too.

by Thomas Pyzdek -

I'm deeply troubled too, and I'm totally dependent on MoodleRooms for a solution. It looks like they gave me work-around that worked for 1 day, then left for the weekend. I'm very sorry, everyone.

by Mike Glover -

I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble but glad to see that I am not the only one. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

by Thomas Pyzdek -

MoodleRooms is considering changing their update policy. Currently they perform updates on a timetable that works well for their higher education clients. They are considering some changes better suited to commercial customers such as the Pyzdek Institute. The new policies would make tech support available after updates occur to deal with unanticipated issues like this one.

I also want to point out that these sorts of issues are extremely rare. In the three years we've been hosted by MoodleRooms this is the first time that something this serious has gone on this long. I'm not sure that we are at Six Sigma quality in terms of site uptime, but we're pretty close.