Site news

Moodle Site Interruption

Moodle Site Interruption

by Thomas Pyzdek -
Number of replies: 2

I have received several inquiries regarding site access. I believe the problem has been fixed (because I am on the site now.) Here is the information I received from our Moodle host: 

This is a notification that beginning at 11:51pm ET, Moodlerooms experienced an issue in its Dell cloud (Plano, TX) that may be causing a service interruption for a subset of production and non-production sites. Moodlerooms engineers are currently investigating the issue and will provide more information on the issue as soon as it is available.

MoodleRooms update at 10:01am ET, 3/13/2013: Moodlerooms has located the root cause of the issue. 

• Shortly before midnight, Dell conducted a large-scale upgrade and maintenance event on a series of switches that, in the event of an unsuccessful upgrade, should not have affected Moodlerooms' environment.
  • Unfortunately, when the upgrades failed, it caused a large-scale service interruption customer sites that have yet to be migrated to our new datacenter in Virginia.
  • We are in the process are restoring service to all sites. This should be completed within the next few hours at the most. 

Original Message: This is a notification that beginning at 11:51pm ET on 3/12/2013, Moodlerooms experienced an issue in its Dell cloud (Plano, TX) that may be causing a service interruption for a subset of production and non-production sites. Moodlerooms engineers are currently investigating the issue and will provide more information on the issue as soon as it is available.

We are committed to keeping you as informed as possible and will provide updates on our progress as we make further improvements to our processes and infrastructure. 

In reply to Thomas Pyzdek

Re: Moodle Site Interruption

by Christian Charles -

Most of the website is back, however when trying this link;

https://pyzdek.mrooms.net/course/view.php?id=2

There is the 404 error. Problem here is that the links to the reading material is to be found here and only here.

Updating as and when the error no longer exists